Friday

Survival in a bottle

I am one of "those" people. You know the type. They stock their shelves with extra canned goods, they have a full set of tools in their vehicle...an eternal Boy Scout who lives by the motto "be prepared!" I have led a pretty interesting existence and I have gone through more than my share of precarious situations, some man made, some weather based, all of which required some basic stuff we take for granted in our homes. These incidents however have occured, more often than not, far far away from my abode.
I admit to carrying a serious set of survival gear in my truck, my OS (Oh Sh*t)bag. My family has mocked my preparedness many times over the years and had to choke on humble pie as I was solving some dilemma with goodies from my kit. Several years back my Mom finally "got it" and decided that it is better to have some essentials on hand on the go then to be looking around for someone like me and hoping they would help. She purchased these for everyone in the family, including me....
  • 32 oz/1L water bottle
  • Carabiner
  • Multifunction tool
  • Multifunction whistle/compass
  • Flashlight
  • Batteries (2 pcs)
  • Survival blanket
  • Hand warmer packet (2 pcs)
  • Candle
  • Box waterproof matches
  • Emergency poncho
  • 20pc First aid kit
  • Reusable zipper-lock bag


That's not a bad start! If you live anywhere that the weather can get nasty quick..snow, tornado, hurricane, WHATEVER!!! you need one of these in your vehicle. Lucky for you ThinkGeek has them right now and they're really cheap - just $19.95! Ultimate Survival Kit in a Water Bottle

Click here to join the show!


WHERE DID THE OLD POSTS GO?

They are in the Archives to the right ------->