Thursday

Best Buy Premier Black - The invitation you get to a party that's not


I received and email this morning at 1:42am EDT from Best Buy congratulating me on being selected for the very highest tier of Membership the Premier Black
 
CONGRATULATIONS!
We’d like to welcome you to the Best Buy® Reward Zone® program at our most elite membership level - Premier Black.

Premier Black is a pilot in select areas that rewards our best customers for shopping at Best Buy stores.

Your Reward Zone program member ID is:XXXXXXXXXX'


The program promised "faster Rewards" with something called a Premier Black Point Bonus.
I was also enticed to believe that my own personal concierge was available to whisk me into electronic, movie, game and geek nirvana.  There was some sort of loose talk about the Geek Squad being my Biathces...

So I clicked on the link to "Locate Your Premier Black Concierge" and....

The Best Buy® Reward Zone® program is always looking at ways to make our program even better for our members. You may have inadvertently and inaccurately received this e-mail during an initial testing process. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or confusion. You continue to maintain your current membership status. If you are eligible for the Reward Zone program Premier Black test that will run in a limited number of select markets, we will notify you by a separate email. If you have any questions about this or the Reward Zone program, please view ourProgram Overview page or contact our Customer Service Center at 1-888-237-8289. Thank you
Apparently I wasn't really invited to be "elite"  I am still just plain old Premier Silver and now I have to live with the promise of what almost was still lingering on my lips.









Click here to join the show!


WHERE DID THE OLD POSTS GO?

They are in the Archives to the right ------->