Tuesday

The Ultimate Geek Fest of 2007: Star Wars - Celebration IV


On May 23rd. I will be boarding a plane for L.A. to attend the ultimate gathering of Star Wars fans from around the world! "Celebration IV" will be held at the L.A. Convention Center from May 24th through the 28th and is being held in honor of the 30th anniversary of the release of the film that changed film making forever and started a phenomena way back in 1977.

Back in 2005 I attended "Celebration III" in Indianapolis and had an amazing time, so what I really wish to do this trip is to document whatever I can and share it with all my fellow geeks who can't make it, plus maybe even show a few NON geeks what the fuss is all about, ya know?

Things will kick off with a bang on Day One. I have spent the past several weeks organizing a large "Meet & Greet" party consisting of fans from all over the world, most of whom are part of the blogging community at Star Wars.com's official website: http://blogs.starwars.com/

I have over 50 people confirmed to attend with more confirming every week.

If all goes well, I will be doing a LIVE webcast from the party for all of our fellow geeks back home who can't be with us, with some planned games, music and other entertainment. And Im sure you will see at least a FEW people in costumes!

The party itself will take place on Thursday evening May 24th. from aproximately 7pm to 10pm PST.

I will be webcasting it from my Stickam.com profile: http://www.stickam.com/profile/djmaul as long as I can get a live internet connection, which I have made arrangements for but won't be 100 percent SURE it will work until I'm there of course...wish me luck!

Come by and check it out and watch the fun, if you ever wanted to see what happens when you gather a bunch of drunken Star Wars geeks in one place this is your chance!

make sure you pop in at the webcams live chat and say HI! I will be sure to monitor the chat room as often as possible during the party.

I will also be shooting TONS of footage of the Meet & Greet Party and of course of the entire Con from my brand new digital camera, so when I get back keep your eyes open for plenty of video blogs documenting my adventures.

Until then...May The Force Be With You!

1 comment:

Comments are moderated and links are made DO Follow for indexing by search engines. Please be responsible and post only relevant links. Comment SPAM will not be tolerated.