Monday

Star Wars.....the obsession continues...

I have written about Star Wars in many places here on the blog. It was a major trans formative event in my life when my father took me to see the film in 1977. We stood in line (the first time I ever recall standing in line to see a movie, now a somewhat common place occurrence)and after the movie he took me to the local T-shirt shop and got me a "May The Force Be With You" T-shirt. I wore it until the heat transfered decal cracked and peeled into a pointillist representation of the film.
I am not a Star Wars collector I leave that to Tommy Mac.
I do however want my son to become a fan. With that in mind I have purchased him the Star Wars Lego games for Playstation( Happy 50thBirthday btw to Lego.) They have gone virtually ignored until 3 days ago. Suddenly he is obsessed and asking me how I know just what it is we are supposed to do in each scene. I have been explaining the context of these challenges to him and we have been enjoying it together. He even suggested that he might want to watch the films! My fingers are crossed. With that in mind I thought I'd do a little Star Wars in the blogosphere post as several recent articles delivered via GReader have focused on Star Wars and shown that I am not the only one who still loves anything to do with Star Wars!
First up....Star Wars/Disney Mash-ups at Deviant Art (thanks too BoingBoing!)
Over at deviantART.com user Thumper-001 has uploaded a series of Starwars/Disney Mash-up pics that are just awesome. I am also a Disney fan, and I DO collect disneyanna. These Are really cool, and even a little strange. Some are official and others...well...I doubt either Disney or Lucas put their stamp of approval here.

Next up ThinkGeek.com
offers the Japanese Star Wars Lightsaber Desk Lamp in all it's geeky glory.... Can I just say OMFG Yeah! Now a way to not only signal your love of all things SW but also to make your allegiance known. From the Think Geek site....
...we've devised a genius way to determine office force alliances for sure. Each employee places one of these nifty glowing Lightsaber Desk Lamps next to their red stapler... those paying allegiance to the powerful dark side can choose the red Vader lamp. While weaklings on their moral high-horses can sport the green Luke lamp. Of course they're always some employees who have to be obnoxious and swing both ways by placing one of each lightsaber lamp color on their desk.

This little stroke of brilliance is only $19.99 and is available at ThinkGeek.com



And finally...20th Century Studios has declared the Star Wars lightsaber the #1 film weapon of all time! I couldn't agree with the masses more! Here's the complete Top 10

Top 10 Favourite Movie Weapons

1. Lightsabre (Star Wars)

2. .44 Magnum (Dirty Harry)

3. Bullwhip (Indiana Jones)

4. Samurai sword (Kill Bill)

5. Chainsaw (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

6. Golden Gun (James Bond - The Man With The Golden Gun)

7. Bow and arrow (Robin Hood)

8. Machine gun (Scarface)

9. The Death Star (Star Wars)

10. Bowler hat (James Bond - Goldfinger)

Now you'll have to excuse me I have to go help my son make his first run at destroying The Death Star...Lego Style!

May the Force be with you.



ThinkGeek - Cool Computing Stuff and Mods



Buy and Sell Tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and links are made DO Follow for indexing by search engines. Please be responsible and post only relevant links. Comment SPAM will not be tolerated.