Wednesday

John Mayer tells Texas to step off...and he's right

I lived in Texas for quite a long time. That's why I am a lifelong Cowboys fan. I was disappointed in Sunday's loss but I know what's what. The 'Boys lost cause they missed opportunities to put points on the board, and bought too far into their own hype about being a "team of destiny." It had nothing to do with Tony Romo and Jesica Simpson going away for the weekend. Period. Apparently the people in the Lonestar state refuse to believe that. They want to vilify Simpson as the evil temptress. What a load of crap! Speaking of crap I take a lot of crap from a lot of people for being a John Mayer fan. I know that there are many things that baffle people about my appreciation for his artistic sensibility (yes I used the word artistic) and his writing style considering that we are polar opposites on most political/social issues and given the fact that I am not a female college student. Mayer dated Jessica Simpson shortly after she divorced Nick Lachey. So John might be considered an unlikely voice of reason calling for restraint on behalf of the citizens of Texas in their disdain for Simpson. But here...is the voice of sanity in the ridiculous Jessica Simpson / Tony Romo nonsense. The quote below comes from John's blog...
Dear Dallas and Surrounding Areas,

This isn't a sports blog, and it isn't a publicity stunt. (but have at me if it feels right.)

This is about doing what I think is right as a person, in this case speaking my mind.

I have never known anyone to have more pride in their home state and their upbringing in it than Jessica Simpson has in Texas. I don't really follow sports, but I have played some of my biggest and best concerts in your state, and having witnessed how dynamic the spirit there is, I'm betting emotions are running high right about now.

All witty barbs, blogs, and fashion policing aside, that girl loves Texas more than you know. It's one of her most defining traits as a person. So please don't try and take that away from her. (You probably wouldn't be able to, but it's less work for all involved.)

I just thought it would mean something coming from the guy who has the absolute least to gain from this. And if I'm out of line in having written it, too bad. I can spare a Wednesday's worth of bad press if it means sticking up for a good soul.

JM
That's class. The girl is living out what, if you read the signs in the stands at any Cowboys home game, is the fantasy of many young women in Texas. It may be easy to hate on Jessica Simpson as she has a lot going for her and tends to blond up at inopportune moments but she didn't distract Romo any more or less than the myriad other forces swirling around a young talented athlete who's coming in to his own leading the most scrutinized franchise in the NFL. John's right when he says that Jessica's love of her home state trumps all that heartache cause I guarantee you that NO ONE, outside of the Cowboys organization and my home, wanted them to win more than Jessica Simpson. Especially following all the negative publicity swirling around the couple. Think about it folks! Had they won Jessica and Tony would have been THE uber couple in the Lone Star state and she would be adored universally. I hope John's blog post gets some press. I hope that people pass it along to their Cowboy fan friends, and I hope that people stop with this bullshit. I also hope people see what a class act Mayer is. Well done John. Well done.

Click for a FREE Psychic Reading from Keen!

Add Pizzazz to your Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and links are made DO Follow for indexing by search engines. Please be responsible and post only relevant links. Comment SPAM will not be tolerated.